Monday, December 22, 2008

snow, snow go away....and stay away!!

Nate and I went snow shoeing around town tonight...They really have no snow plows since it rarely snows here in Portland, so you can see the condition of the roads in the background. We helped pull/push about 4 people just in our trek up to Mt Tabor and one of them was the tow truck :-) The roads have been really bad and we got about another 10 inches along with some freezing rain so people are getting stuck left and right around here. Good thing we have my trusty old 4 wheel drive jeep...it has been doing great! They say this is the most snow they have had since the 60's here!!
Picture of the snow drifts of our neighbours...we dug her out today
Bethany making snow angels and no longer believing me when I told her before she moved here that "We don't really get snow in Portland" ha ha oops... I think she brought this weather from Michigan though!

I added these last two pics because just a week ago I put up some pictures I had taken of the beach in our bathroom from being at the coast and thinking it had been a really warm November.....ha!!
Hopefully we will be able to make it up to the Ferry in Port Angeles to get to my see my family for Xmas!!

No comments: