Monday, March 16, 2009

Art Portfolio

I took a drawing class this winter and really enjoyed most of it. I am far from being as talented as the rest of my family when it comes to art but luckily some of those artistic genes snuck their way into me!! Here is a little sample of my portfolio...Ink and Charcoal orchids Driftwood propped up on a box in Black and White Conte crayon

Ink wash sunset

Charcoal Value of a model we had in class

Charcoal and eraser again..... we did a lot of charcoal and while I love its forgiving nature, it is SO messy I didn't really enjoy it as much as I thought I would.

Black and White conte crayon on brown paper

Still life black and white conte crayon on brown paper
This was a negative shape project with ink and black sharpie marker. We had to draw the shapes around the objects first rather than just drawing the objects and then highlight the negative space somehow.

Value only Charcoal and eraser. We had to make the contour lines only by erasing rather than drawing them in darker

Charcoal Model pose

No comments: