Thursday, February 19, 2009

...and the finger lost

Well, I was going to post a before and after of a little project I was working on....BUT.....my finger decided to take on the Xacto knife.....and the Xacto definitely won! I somehow had the knife in my right hand cutting and stupidly swung my left hand over to grab something and it stabbed right into my finger, but the blade was so sharp, I didn't feel it and then pulled my hand down and sliced my finger. It looked like a pac man mouth and I tried to put pressure on it and hold it above my head to slow the blood flow, but damn it I could not stop the blood from gushing out!
I ended up driving myself to the ER and luckily it was not busy so I didn't have to wait very long before I saw someone. During this whole time, it kept bleeding profusely and would not clot so when I got to the ER they gave me a shot to numb it up and then something to clot it. I guess I nicked some little blood vessels as well as the tendon in my finger so they had to stitch it up inside the cut and then they put a few quick loops on the outside of the cut and used some glue like stuff that they use now instead of stitches to seal it up. UGH how stupid am I??? It feels fine right now, although the numbing is starting to wear off and it is starting to throb.
SO....... you will not get your before and after posts until Nate gets back from Missouri to help me hold and cut some things!

No comments: